Sunday, November 30, 2014

11/26/14 A Visit to the Oakland Temple

Hey everyone!

So here's my weird Wednesday email! Exciting right? It's a pretty full
week of just weird schedule. Monday wasn't really p-day except for
laundry thankfully! We would've died without that. Anyways, today I
had the opportunity to go to the Oakland temple! It was LEGIT. Like
it's dang huge compared to the temples in Florida. Not only that,
there were like a bunch of missionaries there not from our mission.
Our zone was there, and then a bunch of sisters from the Oakland
mission and other people. It's cool to see a bunch of other
missionaries when sometimes you feel like the only ones in the world!
I know that sounds dumb, but it feels that way.

It was nice and refreshing to be in the temple and having it remind me
of going back home. The church is the same everywhere! It's crazy how
that works. It's interesting trying to explain to some people who
don't understand that concept. But I could feel the spirit like I
never have today, and I can see it all these other missionaries faces.
We aren't alone in the fight for right!

So Elder Reeder is pretty cool, and he likes to work, which is
refreshing. Having a burnt out companion is no fun. But he has an
incredible amount of energy that sometimes I can't handle too well
haha. You sure learn about yourself out here pretty quick. And it is
hard being with someone 24/7. I never understood that until now. But
don't worry about me, I can handle ALMOST anyone.

So we are struggling to see all the investigators from the other area
in our area that I don't know. It's funny just showing up and asking
if we can get to know them! But we are doing pretty well, and news
flash of the day... We randomly got a car! Haha President Alba I guess
figured out that both of us were kind of sick. Then, up in Eureka some
missionaries wrecked their car (but they are fine). :) So what do ya
know!? The mission had an extra car! And President Alba didn't want us
to ride in the cold rain. The only catch is we probably won't have it
after this transfer. But who cares! Haha count your blessings. It's
kind of like a temporary holiday gift. Then we can get big on bike
again. And I'm pretty sure me and Elder Reeder will still be here
after this transfer. We barely know this area, and making me leave
would be hard on the area!

We committed a guy in our first lesson with him to be baptized on
December 20th! He's been visited by the north missionaries before, but
he said he really thinks the Book of Mormon is the word of God. He
read it all already, and he seems like a really good guy. We still
have a lot of work to do for our current baptismal dates, which will
probably have to change. We figured out on our mission that Satan is a
tool. Haha meaning he works against the works of righteousness.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I'm so ready! Basically the only thing we
can do is go to members houses and eat food. I'm sure you can
understand that we can't proselyte on such a holiday. People would
hate us even more! So be nice to missionaries everyone.

Anyways, I'm glad I could send a little to you guys! I'll email in
just a couple days next Monday, so deal with it everyone :).

I know this gospel is true, and the more I share it, the more I
understand it. It really is something that people need, even if they
can't see that now. I hope I can be someone that the spirit can dwell
with, and I will keep you all in my prayers.

I love you all!

Elder Janson


Elder Janson and Elder Reeder at the Oakland Temple


Elder Janson and Elder Green at the Oakland Temple


Elder Janson and Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment