Monday, January 12, 2015

1/12/15 We are the best! Haha

Hello people!

It's been a ridiculous week! We have been trying to get at least 20
contacts, and we are going to do "mission possible" where our whole
zone will talk to 20 people every day for 7 days straight. Sounds
simple, but it is HARD to get everyone in the zone to be that
consistent. We are gonna have to go hard!!!

So I've had some pretty funny dreams. One of them, and this might make
my mom freak out, but I had a dream that my mom had another baby boy!!
Hahaha I was never so confused as that! I was like, this is super
weird! Then I woke up and I was like oh thank goodness! Haha not that
that's bad to have a kid, but it freaked me out! Haha

We've had a great opportunity to do some service for Habitat for
Humanity, the Restore part of it. We basically clean up all the
donations they get, which includes household appliances and things
like doors and windows. It's really cool to just simply help people
and have an opportunity to just work! It's like I almost missed
working! Weird huh?? Haha we are supposed to try to do 10 hours of
service a week, and it's a great time to rest from our proselyting
duties!

What is kind of funny is this Sunday, yesterday, me and Elder Reeder
noticed that it seems everyone was complimenting us out of nowhere.
The bishop said to everyone in ward council that we are some of the
best missionaries our Ward has had. I was like... Uhhhhhh what did I
do!? Haha we have been sending a weekly email to the bishop and
members of the ward council of which less actives we have tried to see
and the info with that. Apparently they really appreciate that haha.
But I'm not saying this to like boast or something haha because that
is dumb. But Elder Reeder has said that we are doing so well just
because we are doing what is expected, we aren't perfect, but we are
trying to do what we need to. And people can see that in you when you
try to live up to what you are called to do, and they will see a
difference!

So earlier this past week, we had a power hour with the Harlins in our
Ward. Power hour is where the members family choose where we go tract
or talk to people for an hour, and they pray specifically for us to
find those who are ready for the message. It works like nothing else!!
That night, the first door we knock, the lady was not interested. As
we walk to the next door, another lady comes out of that first house
and yells, "hey Jehovah witnesses!" Haha we went back and talked to
her (and did tell her we are Mormons) and she was super interested in
learning and reading the BOM. We hope to be able to see her soon. We
only knocked on like 5 doors in that whole hour, and we were able to
get so much done and find a new investigator. That is incredible!
Power hour and the prayers of members really works folks!!

Last night we had the most amazing lesson of the mission! We were
teaching Sherlyn, our lady who has a baptism date on the 31st. We
watched the testaments movie with her in the Allisons home, members
who are friends with her. It was so beautiful! I've seen that movie
before, but the spirit was like ridiculous in there! Then a nonmember
comes in who knows the Allisons, and they invite her to sit down and
watch, and she does! At the end, you could tell she felt the spirit as
well. Sherlyn then told us of a dream she had, which was an answer to
her prayers. She said she saw Jesus Christ and he told her she will be
healed of every health problem she has because of her faith. As she
told this, the room was full of the spirit, and me and Elder Reeder
were speechless when she stopped. That was really the first time I
almost cried in a lesson! Haha we are so excited for her, and she is
working towards baptism. We were so pumped last night after that
incredible experience.

I really am feeling the love that Christ speaks of when we serve
others. Brother Allison was so happy to have that lesson in his home,
and we expressed how much we cared and loved him. He is so awesome! He
started tearing up when we said that and he's like "get out of here
elders!" Haha jokingly of course. I've never felt the love that is
described over and over by Christ, but I think I'm starting to
understand what it really means. I love the people I'm teaching! It's
weird!

Thank you guys for being there for me, and I love telling you guys
what's going on here. We are doing amazing, and we hope you all are
still chugging along! Please pray for Sherlyn that she will be ready
for baptism this month. It would be awesome to have your help!

Elder Janson

No comments:

Post a Comment