Monday, January 12, 2015

1/5/15 New Years!

Hey all y'all people of the real world!

It's been a pretty amazing week. Let me try to think of what even happened...
So on New Years it was so cool! We got to stay up until 10:30! Isn't
that awesome!??? Oh and yes that is our normal bedtime. Anyways
apparently Elder Reeder stayed up until midnight, but I checked out as
I do every night. Once I decide, I can go to sleep pretty fast these
days.

We were driving home from the church on New Years Eve, considering we
couldn't really proselyte that night haha. Everything weird we saw we
blamed on drunk people. Then I asked Elder Reeder, jokingly, "so...
Why don't we drink!?" He then proceeds to think, and says, "well, I
think it's because when we are drunk, we don't read our scriptures."
Immediately when he said that we both started cracking up, I was like,
how did he think that!? Haha these are the things we find funny at 9
o'clock which is early for everyone else, but like midnight for us.
Elder Reeder says he might be the biggest idiot ever.

Recently we have been listening to any music we can on the gospel
library app. That and Motab is what we can listen to. So we are
jamming out everyday to strength of youth themes like "Arise" and mom,
you should tell Meredith Rodgers that we have listened to the 2013
youth theme called "Stand" sung by her probably like 23 times in the
past 3 days. :) we are a bit deprived of music! Haha

Anyways, we were asked to do the missionary moment in a baptism for an
8 year old kid in the Shiloh park ward, which shares our building. It
was right after the baptism of there recent convert. So that convert
got to go to her baptism, then another literally right after! It was
sweet, and I'd never done a missionary moment before. We basically
just taught the restoration in a very straightforward, simple way. As
I recited Joseph smiths vision by memory for like the millionth time,
I could tell that whole room was zeroed in on what I was saying. How
can something so simple and repetitive be so powerful! It was a pretty
cool experience. It was also so cool to see Elder Bulow, who went home
recently in November I think, and came back for this girls baptism,
because he helped teach her. That is so awesome of him to fly back and
simply go to her baptism. It shows how you should feel about those we
bring into the gospel.

So we had an amazing lesson with this lady Sherlyn. It was at the
Allison's home, some amazing members in our ward. Sherlyn is Filipino,
and Sis Allison is also, so it's such a help to have her be a good
friend to her. Bro Allison is so enthusiastic about helping us with
missionary work, so he offered his home for the lesson. And he's
Canadian, so he's awesome haha. That has never happened to me yet! We
always try to have members at our lessons, but having them at their
house like never happens! We were able to get a baptismal date for
Sherlyn on January 31st, and she seems so ready for it. Her mother was
a member before she died about a year ago. I can tell the lord has
prepared her for quite awhile, because she has been meeting with
missionaries for a good time. I fasted for her yesterday, and I
realized last night that lesson was a direct answer and blessing form
the fast. He really hears if we are willing to call on him. It would
be awesome if you all can pray for her and that she will be able to
make it to church the next couple weeks.

I'm so glad I'm here to do the lords work, and we are doing so well at
talking rand contacting everyone we pass on the street. It was hard at
first, but we are on fire right now! Thank you all for supporting me,
and I'll keep you all updated on everything, well mostly everything.
Haha

I love all you guys!

Elder Janson

No comments:

Post a Comment