Sunday, February 22, 2015

1/26/15 Half Mission Conference

Hey my beautiful people,

We had a general authority here for our half mission conference on
Wednesday! His name is Brent H. Nielsen I believe and he is some sort
of Seventy haha. He taught us so much about the enabling power of the
atonement and compared it with the redeeming power. It got super deep
and he seemed like he knew everything. I recently watched a video that
explained how the seventy go out to do assignments for the twelve, so
they go to stake conferences, etc. with apostolic keys. Pretty sweet!
We had a question/answer with him for an hour after all of the
devotionals and people asked some deep stuff, and he had some answers
for all of them. It was great. And I got to see some of my peeps from
the MTC, which brings back some wonderful memories with my roommates!

Elder Adamson is the Elder to make our companionship a trio for the
next week at least. It sure is kind of weird to have three of us.
There is either more fun involved, or more contention, and we have
kind of had both haha. We sadly argue about who's door is the next to
knock, which is absolutely ridiculous, but we do! Haha it's great
though and we get to teach him about some real work! I'm thinking I
might get transferred next week, but I can't be too sure. You never
really know what will happen with transfers, though we like to guess
anyways.

I read and finished the Book of Mormon again, and it's crazy! I really
liked is scripture which I will share with all you fine folks.

Moroni 8:16
"Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this
manner, for they shall perish except they repent. Behold, I speak with
boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do;
for perfect love casteth out all fear."

I thought that was sweet! We as missionaries should have love for
those we contact, teach, and work with. With that love that only comes
from Christ, we have no need to fear, and fear will totally leave us.

You guys are all amazing, and I hope you can have a wonderful....
Whatever it is you do in the real world. Thank you!

Here are some pictures of our exciting life.

Love all you guys! Elder Janson


Elder Adamson is a beautiful person.




This guy had fun showing us his '26 Oldsmobile for way too long, like an hour he just talked to us about how cool it was.


Half mission conference!  I am in the middle with my head turned.





No comments:

Post a Comment